Thursday, May 3, 2012

the ultimate chocolate chip cookies

I love to bake and in my life time I have made many chocolate chip cookies. I guess you could say I am a chocolate chip cookie snob. I like them soft and chewy with just a bit of a crunch to the edge. Early this year I finally stumbled upon the ultimate chocolate chip cookie recipe.

DSC_2567DSC_2572

Seriously these are so good!! I often hold onto recipes and then when one comes along that I think might be better then I try it. If it is better then out goes the old recipe and in comes the new one. With this recipe I highly doubt that I will ever find a replacement. Around here they go quickly like as soon as they are cool enough to grab.

DSC_2573

The other thing I love about these cookies is that if they last until the next day they are still soft. Rarely do they last more than two days in our home. They are devoured very quickly and I am okay with that. As a mother I love to hear, “mom these are the best cookies”. It just kinda makes my day! Now I wish I could credit the original source to these cookies but I don’t know where I found the recipe. So if you know please pass the information along and I will make sure to give the credit to the right person. In the mean time I am forever grateful that I found it.

DSC_2584

The Ultimate Chocolate Chip Cookie

3/4 c. unsalted butter (room temperature)
3/4 c. brown sugar
1/4 c. granulated sugar
1 egg (room temperature)
2 tsp. vanilla
2 c. all purpose flour
2 tsp. cornstarch
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 c. bittersweet chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees

Cream together butter and sugars until fluffy and light in color. Add egg and vanilla and blend in.

Mix in flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt. Stir in chocolate chips.

Using about a tablespoon size drop dough onto a prepared baking sheet. Bake for 8-10 minutes until barely golden brown around the edge. The tops will not brown but do not cook more then 10 minutes.

Let cool on the cookie sheet for 5 minutes and then move to cooling rack. Makes about 3 dozen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to stop by and leave a comment. I enjoy hearing from my readers!