Wednesday, May 16, 2012

patriotic garden in the making

I love my country and when trying to decide how to do my flower garden I decided to go with a patriotic theme. All red, white and blue flowers with flags thrown in the mix as I collect them. This is just the beginning and as I find perennials that I love and that match the theme I will add them in.

DSC_2529DSC_2533DSC_2534
Delphiniums and Geraniums mixed together is one of my favorite combinations so far. I love the bright blue of Delphiniums against the red and white of the Geraniums. DSC_2532
DSC_2865DSC_2868
I love planting in galvanized containers and with us possibly moving in the near future I have tried to plant everything in containers so I can take them with us. The plants in the container with the White Verbena will eventually bloom with beautiful red flowers. I have been trying to plant flowers that will also be a stopping spot for hummingbirds.
DSC_2859DSC_2862
DSC_2863
Someday I hope to have a beautiful patriotic garden to enjoy and for the butterflies, hummingbirds and bees to enjoy. It will take some time for everything to fill out as most of my perennials are still very small but I can’t wait until they do. :)

Have a blessed day!
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to stop by and leave a comment. I enjoy hearing from my readers!